Skip to content

Platform & Experience

Please use this forum to share your ideas on how we can improve in any of these areas.
Join our forum to discuss your ideas with Aiven community or check out our public roadmap.

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

7 results found

1. As a customer, I want the ability to designate non-production systems as the primary target for updates, patches, and upgrades, so I can test them in my process before pushing them to production.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. As a customer, I want system service notifications to be provided through alternative mechanisms, e.g., webhooks, API, console notifications, etc., as the current system of email notifications often go unnoticed or get caught in spam filters, and we are caught unprepared.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. As an Aiven customer
    I want to be able to trigger a rolling restart of my service
    So that I can recover from or troubleshoot potential issues

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As a product owner of Aiven services
    I want to be able to select Long term support versions of the Aiven products
    so that I can have the upgrade cycles match those of my other products without having to request exceptions when End of life warnings start appearing
    In addition, I'd like to be able to made aware of any maintainence done to my clusters if they are in anyway destructive.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Shelved  ·  Jonah Kowall responded

Although this sounds reasonable in practice and many Linux distributions follow this, the projects we run at Aiven do not. So we are unable to build secured versions of open-source projects for long-term support. This would require an immense amount of engineering to maintain legacy versions of these 11 open-source projects. We also run Linux infrastructure, which is not part of the LTS model, so this would be yet another issue with the idea of LTS. If you'd like to discuss more, I am happy to speak with you. 

5. As a user, I would like to have more granular details on what is included in updates and get an estimation on how long the maintenance period would be on my service and what would be the impact, if any temporary scale up of service is required during maintenance update

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. As a customer, I want the ability to designate non-urgent configuration and service updates to be implemented only during scheduled maintenance windows, so I can limit the risk of updates running outside of these windows, and impacting the availability of production systems.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. As an engineer
    I want to see links to release notes of updating software when applying maintenance
    so that I can quickly find out all the changes that are being applied and understand their relevancy to me

Specifically when using the console I can see links to all release notes, rather than a generic notice that my service is being updated to a specific version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?