Skip to content

Platform & Experience

Please use this forum to share your ideas on how we can improve in any of these areas.
Join our forum to discuss your ideas with Aiven community or check out our public roadmap.

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

11 results found

1. As a customer, I want to create API Tokens which are not attached to a real user, so that I can enforce the usage of SAML for the whole Organization. Using tokens from a real user usually means that the token has more access than desirable for example monitoring can be done with read-only permissions.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  IAM  ·  Admin →

Application users are generally available in Aiven

Application users are a special type of user that super admin can create to use for programmatic access to Aiven through the API, Terraform, Kubernetes, or other applications. They make it easier to audit and manage access to your Aiven resources for applications.

These users are centrally managed by organization super admin, who now have full visibility into how their organization’s resources are programmatically accessed on the Aiven platform. The application user tokens also add another level of security. Super admin can restrict users from creating personal tokens, ensuring that only approved applications access the Aiven API with application user tokens. This also makes it easier for super admin to regularly rotate tokens according to your organization’s security policies.

Find out more about using application users to securely manage access to the Aiven platform in the documentation.

2. As an IT Administrator I want to automate the on and off-boarding of users and manage their lifecycle in Okta.

SCIM allows an IT Administrator to provision users and groups automatically to Aiven and keeps them in sync with the identity provider.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Aiven now supports user provisioning from Okta via SCIM, streamlining user management and enhancing security. SCIM lets you sync users and groups between Okta and the Aiven platform. This centralization of user management can reduce errors, save time, and improve compliance.

3. As a customer
    I want to see the content of support tickets, manage the participants and communicate with the support team directly in Aiven Console
    so that I can avoid relying on emails which are hard to track and easy to miss.

The idea is roadmapped, matching feature can be found here https://ideas.aiven.io/internal-roadmap/feature/127950?product_area=52225

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Available  ·  Viktor Trykolenko responded

We’ve launched the Aiven Support Center to improve the support experience and provide better visibility of your support tickets. Now you can view the full history of your tickets and track their status right in the support center. You can also add participants to tickets to ensure the right people get updates and can add comments.

Other enhancements include:

• Create general tickets that aren’t linked to a specific project or service
    • Add files like screenshots and logs directly to the tickets
    • View and follow all tickets in your organization
    • Escalate issues to your account team

Check out the documentation for details on how to use these and other support features.

4. As Organization administrator
    I want to be able to require all users within an Organization to setup and use 2FA
    so that I can secure my Organization and make it more difficult for malicious activities.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Admin →

I'm happy to share that it is now possible to enforce the usage of 2FA for your organization. Our latest enhancement for organization users lets you set an authentication policy for your organization. These policies control how users can access your organization on the Aiven platform: with a password, third-party authentication, or organization single sign-on (SSO).

For an added layer of security, you can also enforce two-factor authentication for password logins.

Read more about the authentication types and learn how to set an authentication policy in the documentation.

5. As a data architect...

I want to have a visual representation of my Aiven services and dependencies along with the data flows, so that I can document and provide a view for other team members of our architecture to communicate about the data design.

In addition, this will provide a compelling visual experience for the console.

The idea is somewhat built out in this blog and open source : https://aiven.io/blog/metadata-parser

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  6. As an Organization Administrator, I want to disable 3rd party authentication methods such as Google or GitHub, so that I can keep my Organization secure.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I'm happy to share that it is now possible to disable 3rd party authentication for your organization. Our latest enhancement for organization users lets you set an authentication policy for your organization. These policies control how users can access your organization on the Aiven platform: with a password, third-party authentication, or organization single sign-on (SSO).

For an added layer of security, you can also enforce two-factor authentication for password logins.

Read more about the authentication types and learn how to set an authentication policy in the documentation.

7. As a user of an SSO enabled domain
    I would like to be prevented from creating an email account for that SSO domain
    so that I can avoid an additional steps to link SSO accounts

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Admin →
  8. As a customer
    I want to manage RBAC via Terraform (including assigning users as members of groups, and assigning roles to groups for our projects)
    so that I can administer our roles fully in one place without needing to sign in to the portal.
    This is currently blocked due to an issue relating to user invites (see https://github.com/aiven/terraform-provider-aiven/pull/1367#issuecomment-1765722571) - meaning in Terraform we can create users, and create groups, but we cannot assign users as group members (and no resource exists in the Aiven Terraform provider yet to allow us to assign project roles to groups, AFAIK).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Available  ·  0 comments  ·  IAM  ·  Admin →
  9. As a platform user
    I want to be able to receive technical emails/notifications at service level, instead of project level.
    Unrelated notifications are distracting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Available  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  10. As a customer, I want to implement Google Private Service Connect via Terraform, so that I can automate the implementation and configuration of my Aiven infrastructure services.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Networking & VPC  ·  Admin →
  11. 0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?