Skip to content

Operational Databases

Join our forum to discuss your ideas with Aiven community or check out our public roadmap.

Operational Databases

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

9 results found

1. As a database administrator or developer,
    I desire the ability to receive automated suggestions for creating, deleting, and optimizing indexes.
    This capability would enable me to actively design and fine-tune indexes, enhancing query performance and facilitating efficient database performance tuning.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Because of a change in Postgresql v15, user's no longer have access to the public schema by default. This means they can no longer create/modify objects by default. This is a breaking change because before you could create database pool for a specific user/db combo and expect that they would be able to access the objects in that database. I believe that Aiven should automatically grant permissions for a particular user on a particular database when there is a pool made for that user/db combo

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

PostgreSQL 15 removes the global write privilege from the public schema. However, it is possible to provide the same level of collaboration to users, by making use of user schemas, and role-based access. Continuing the pre-PostgreSQL 15 practices on PostgreSQL 15 is discouraged.

3. As a devops
    I want to be able to fetch the connexion time / login of each user on any service
    so that I can know who connects (for security / administration reasons)
    In addition,I would like to fetch these informations by API

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  4. As a database administrator or developer, I would like to integrate PostgreSQL with Oracle databases using the oracle_fdw extension so that I can seamlessly access data in Oracle databases from within PostgreSQL using standard SQL queries. This feature simplifies data integration and allows for efficient cross-database operations without the need for complex data migration processes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. As a user of an existing database not using MySQL GTIDs, I want to enable the feature in MySQL 8.0.23+ to assign anonymous transactions to a local GTID [or specific UUID] so that I can continuously replicate part of my database to Aiven.

The objective is to create a live read-only replica or replicas containing region-specific databases, plus shared search data. Initial data can be replicated from a MySQL 8 replica of the non-GTID database, but re-enabling replication from the upstream origin breaks Aiven replication, as anonymous transactions exist.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Aiven for MySQL  ·  Admin →
  6. As an administrator of a wiki farm and news site using MariaDB 10.11, I want to be able to spin up instances of MariaDB LTS (10.11, soon 11.4) so that I can replicate my data set globally without compatibility issues.

MariaDB is the standard for a MySQL-compatible syntax DB in Debian, Slackware and SUSE Enterprise Linux. The two have diverged in features and are no longer binlog-compatible - MySQL 8.0.34 also deprecated statement replication, making it increasingly difficult to go the other way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Aiven for MySQL  ·  Admin →
  7. As a applicationplatform developer
    I want to create and manage postgres service users through the API
    so that I can provision a database and associated service user via the API

This would allow us to create a database and a service user for an application, and grant privileges for only that database to that service user and forward the credentials to the application, which would then be able to connect and start using the database directly.

We would avoid having to either share credentials for the avnadmin user, or having to write a separate tool to connect using avnadmin to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Source: RDS-PostgreSQL
    Target: Aiven for PostgreSQL

Current status: Logical replication not supported, only dump & restore is supported for RDS
    Need: Support logical replication to help smooth migration form RDS to Aiven PostgreSQL

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow users to configure the time of day when PG/MySQL backups should take place. This would allow finer control over cluster performance by executing backups during less active timeframes and, especially in the case of MySQL, enable users to plan actions when DDL commands are not allowed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Aiven for MySQL  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?