Skip to content

Event Streaming

Join our forum to discuss your ideas with Aiven community or check out our public roadmap.

Event Streaming

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3 results found

1. As a developer,
    I want to replicate ACLs when migrating or duplicating my Apache Kafka clusters,
    so that I can make sure my applications have the same rights and permissions on several clusters and I don't need to manually replicate them.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Debugging failed connectivity between Aiven for Apache MirrorMaker and an external Kafka configured using an integration endpoint is very difficult today. No errors are surfaced in the integration endpoint configuration screen itself, we must wait for the replication flow to attempt to start and then dig out cryptic errors from MM2 logs.

Some kinds of errors (e.g. failure to build SSL keystores) are not even surfaced in MM2 logs and are only visible to Aiven operators.

Please consider adding a basic connectivity check to allow for quicker troubleshooting and iteration. This check should ensure that the network path between Aiven…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. If an external Kafka service has brokers with hostnames that are not publicly resolvable, for example, where hostnames are registered in a corporate DNS server which is not accessible from outside, it is currently not possible for MM2 to successfully connect.

The workaround to use IP addresses is not sufficient, since after bootstrap the broker hostnames will be returned and subsequent connections will go there.

We will also likely see issues with TLS handshakes when brokers present certificates belonging to hostnames that the Aiven side does not understand.

The only current workaround is for the configuration of the external Kafka…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?